Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quiet on the Home Front

I've been hiding out a bit this week.  Mostly because I'm exhausted.  I just finished up my two busiest weeks of the year at work, and I completed crashed.  On top of that, a new medication I've been taking is leaving me devoid of energy.  Anything I actually accomplished in the past two weeks was purely a result of adrenaline.  And now, I have no adrenaline.  I am completely content to come home from work and lay on the couch.  A lot.  I know that's super lazy, and honestly I haven't been a total vegetable (I'm still cooking).  I also managed to completely finish our 2010 finances this week.  But I just haven't had the energy to leave the house. 

I've been living vicariously through the handful of of people I know who moved to Europe this month:  seeing their pictures and hearing their stories of language barriers and early culture shock.  It's quite motivating.  Interesting.  Inspiring. 

I've been thinking of starting a separate blog, focusing on my view of our ministry.  But I go back and forth as to whether or not to do that.  Anyway...

I pretty much just wanted to let my friends know that I have not fallen off the face of the earth, I'm not curled up in the fetal position somewhere, but I'm just tired.  :)  In a good, resting, relaxing sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment