Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chips, Salsa, & Candy Corn

Its been a few weeks since I've wrote, but my blog was never far from my mind.  First I just got tired of writing about my recovery, than I was buried with work at the office and the past seven days Josh and I were on a recruiting trip to Moody Bible Institute in Chicago.  This past week was exhausting for me, but worth it.  I love talking with students, hearing their passions, and their journeys to discovering God's desire for their ministry.  Plus, I really love seeing their faces light up talking about using their gifts in overseas church planting.  Those moments are worth all the accusative questions.  Fun.

It was also great to spend time time Rebecca, Laurie and Joanna, catching up on their lives.  Laurie's leaving for Spain in nine weeks!  So very excited for her!!!  Their is something about reconnecting with members of the Avant family, I am so thankful to be a part of such an encouraging, loving, passionate family of missionaries.  (Added bonus - friends all over the world with whom to house swap on vacation.)

Apparently the Best Western River North is the hotel of choice in Chicago - randomly learned that our friend Jessie was staying there with her family for the urbanathlon which overlapped our stay!  I may have shrieked when I found out.  I think it's been about a year since we've seen the Lowes (missed Jaimme this weekend though.)  We talked with her Thursday night and were able to hang out and have dinner Friday night as well.  I love those friendships that you can just pick up where you left off even though life after college has thrown you all across the country; soon all across the world.  God has such an amazing way of blessing our lives in the most unexpected ways - sometimes when we don't even know we need it. 

Yesterday we spent time with our team in Chicago.  We even skyped Emily!  It was wonderful to spend time together, just talking and sharing how our lives were going.  Exploring a seven floor mall, some of downtown Chicago, and Rebecca's apartment.  Great snacks - I can never say no to chips and salsa - and great people.  The Husker loss couldn't even spoil our fun.  Or even washing dishes.  :)  Though, I think the boys may have gotten drunk on giggles.  Note to self:  don't leave the four of them alone on a small couch.  Very thankful.  Support raising is a stretching time.  Not many people truly understand the roller coaster ups and down, fears and failures that one struggles with during deputation.  So thankful for our team.

It was truly an encouraging and refreshing week.   Life as we know it begins again tomorrow, and will be forever changing for the next eighteen months when Josh and I step off the plane onto Italian soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment