Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

See you in Europe

There is something about going to school for missions.  Several things actually.   One, all your friends are missionaries.  The disadvantage of that is all your friends are raising support too.  :)  But it is far outweighed.  These friends, though all busy with life, ministry, family, traveling, working - they get it.  They understand to the very heart what we deal with.  The roller coaster, the highs and lows, surprises and utter disappointments.  They understand what its like to wait, and wait, and wait.  To make countless phone calls that lead to voice mail.  Having unreturned messages.  To have such a different mindset and outlook on life and situations compared to the people we're surrounded with.  I'm so thankful for these friends.  To them, I don't have to explain my feelings.  I can just say it, and they get it, because deputation and ministry is hard.  Hard.  Another hard thing, I want to support each and every one of them. 

Another great thing about going to school with missionaries, and working at a missions agency, I know missionaries all over the world.  Ha!  By the time I deploy to Italy, we'll have friends in Ireland, Spain, other areas of Italy, Portugal, Paris, Tanzania, Senegal, Central Asia.  Ok - if you know me you know I'm probably not planning on visiting Central Asia.  I'll invite them to visit me.

Its a weird life.  But an awesome life.  And its ours.

3 comments:

  1. YES! Hey you know us in New Zealand! (its kind of like Europe and not like Asia so you can come visit us!!!!) haha
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely visiting New Zealand! It's like my dream place to visit. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete