Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Realness

As I look into my future, knowing the transient nature of it, I struggle with several things.  Materialism.  Relationships.  Discontent.  Anxiety.

Today its about relationships though.  I know I'm moving.  Sometimes that fact pushes me to build my relationships here as much as I can.  Invest in them.  Nurture them.  So that I have those memories when I'm waist deep in culture stress.  And so that maybe I don't have to start from scratch when I return.  There are other times, though, when its incredibly hard to build those relationships.

I love those relationships with people who 'just get me.'  Those special people are few and far between.  The other day Josh and I had cokes with two people who we just connect with.  They 'get' us, and while its so good to see them, its hard to say goodbye.

Not all relationships are like that.  They can't be.  But what I love about it is the 'realness.'  The purity of conversation.  I don't have to edit myself.  I don't have to not talk about something because of the advice or criticism someone will offer.  Or the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment