Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

i just love

Last week I was thinking about relaxation - and realizing I needed some. I needed something that I could DO that was relaxing for me. A big part of me wanted to get all my scrapbooking stuff out and dig into that. Creating and documenting our life is so important to me, yet I accomplish so little of that. Despite wanting to get out all my papers and photos, I couldn't bring myself to take over our living room. At least not until I get some other areas of our home under control. Right now the living room is the most 'together' place. (Actually, right now our guest bedroom is probably neater, even since we had our guest a couple weeks ago. But who wants to go in there.)

I picked up the single volume edition of Lord of the Rings from Barnes & Noble on Sunday. I own several copies of the trilogy already, but haven't seen them since before college. So who knows where those books are. Its been nice to read, to distract myself for a bit. I just love reading. Now I'm very much in the mood to spend an entire day watching all three movies - extended editions of course.

I'm also wanting to read Eat, Pray, Love since it seems to be the book right now. However, I'm seeing the movie with my MIL on Thursday, and it'll just have to wait until I finish LOTR. You can never read that book too many times. Perhaps Eat, Pray, Love will be a good read over my vacation? Hmmm, I wonder if I"ll finish Lord of the Rings by then?

And there it is, relaxation and I are friends again. At least this week. (Pretty soon the novel will become intense, and I'll likely start stressing over that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment