Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Intensity

If you know me, you've probably heard me say "Dave Ramsey says..." at least once. I'm a big fan. We live by a budget, we use cash for many items, and live below our means as best we can. I do the best I can to stay on top of our budget and make sure we have control over our needs and wants. We don't always get to do whatever we want in the moment, but we also never fight about money. How blessed am I, to never fight with my husband about money? So very thankful.

Lately I've been trying to come up with ways to increase our income/decrease our spending. We're raising support right now, and Josh's job is support based. (This means that he's on a decreasing pay scale, every quarter more of his salary comes out of our monthly support and less directly from Avant. Does that makes sense?) Looking ahead, I know that our income will be less, thus I'm trying to find ways to counter act that event. I started couponing last week, and so far am really loving it. We were able to save a lot out of our grocery budget this month, and I'm using the savings to stock up on some things we consume a lot of (i.e. soda, chips, salsa).

Josh and I are also on the lookout for alternate housing. Our lease is up in November, and though we absolutely love our home, we're hopeful a move could save us some dough. Plus, if we moved, it would motivate me to sell some things and start saving for the move to Italy. Right now I'm finding myself emotionally attached to every piece of furniture we own just because I can be attached for a little while. There will come a time, in the not too distant future, when I will find all my possessions packed in plastic tubs that fit on an airport cart. But if we were moving, that might give me a little incentive, and grant some realness to the impending date of the plastic tubs.

This is just whats on my mind today...how intense I've been lately about finding ways to save money. The coupons have helped a lot and been a little fun.

If you're so inclined, please lift Josh and I in your prayers. Support raising is hard. Trusting God is so easy one day and the next can be so very hard. Its emotional. We know that God will supply all our needs, and he'll bring us ministry partners. But pray for our spirits, that we may be encouraged.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel! We were there once and truthfully we all (missionaries) will most likely always be there.
    I encourage you to trust in the Lord because this will always be the situation for you.
    I am not perfect in this but I do know that it is always the case and I have to continue to remind myself this daily.
    Support raising is HARD but God has called you to his purpose and therefore you will experience trails but they are because he wants you to grow and come out better then you were before!!!
    YIPEE!!!
    Love yall and We keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete