Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Running

Maybe someday I'll be a runner.

I'm on day 12 of half marathon training, and its going pretty well. So far, I'm on track to run my race in January. The first two day were brutal, every muscle in my body hurt and walking up the stairs was a fight. Those first two days, my mind kept wondering if I'd actually make it to the race. Honestly, I'm a little surprised I've made it to day 12. I haven't missed any of my run days, and I think I can contribute this to following my training schedule and resting on the Rest days. (In previous attempts at being a runner, I would run every day for five days straight.) In the next couple of weeks I'm hoping to pick up a yoga DVD and do that on my Rest days. But that will have to wait until September. Patience.

I'm just excited to be running. Hopefully I'll begin to see some visible benefits.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you my friend! Keep up the good work. You can do it. And if you're running consistently...I think you can call yourself a runner now. Embrace the title, it'll keep you even truer to running! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey a good yoga video is Brian Kest... its three video workouts in one! I love it. Well I miss you friend and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete