Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Multiplication and Division

I often ask God to multiply my time.  I've been trying the past few days to give my stress about so much to do over to him.  I started praying for him to multiply my time and my productivity.  It didn't really make me feel any better, but at least I was trying to give it to him.  My facebook status said this today:  Asking God to multiply my time.

And then a friend said this "‎...if you are with people, but if you have a lot of tasks you should ask him to reduce the tasks."  I had to read it a couple times because my initial response was "huh?"  My mind wasn't working correctly, but then the sentence formed in front of my eyes.  (Seriously, i had to read it three times because I kept getting all the words mixed up.)  Now my facebook status says this "asking God to reduce my tasks (and the times it takes to accomplish them) today!

And do you know what:  now I feel better!  I'm not dreading going home to all that I have to do.  I'm not trying to figure out a way to leave work early to do it.  I feel optimistic about my evening.  I should have no problem getting my homework done by six, packing until ten, and then tackling some more homework.

God has just blessed my heart today with that advice.  I'm so thankful.  The morning was rough, I was furstrated, anxious, tired, and worried.  Now, I feel good.  Plus, it's Thursday:  CSI is on.  Grey's Anatomy can wait until Hulu.

How much wiser is it to ask God to remove your burdens, instead of making more time to handle your burdens.  I'd much less be rid of them!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I needed that. You know how we are Meghan and your friend must be very wise.

    ReplyDelete