Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Some Days

Some days are easier than others.  Some days I want to get rid of all my stuff an move into a hotel room until we leave.  Other days I want to stay right where I am in my comfortable, homey home; keeping all my things until we buy our plane tickets.

Some days are easier than others.

The thought of Skype is all I need to be okay with leaving my friends and family - some days.  Other days I tear up just thinking of saying goodbyes.

Today was one of those not so great days.  Satan whispers doubts in my ear.  The emotions of it all catches up with me.  I miss the landscape of Wisconsin and the beauty of Wisconsin winters.  I want to keep my oh-so-comfy couch until we buy our tickets.  I doubt want to sell my stuff at a garage sale.  Except maybe all those mountains of clothes that don't fit.

Today was one of the hard days.

I wonder why even just one area of our life can't be easy.  Or normal.  Or comfortable.  Or not so stretching.  But that's not the life Jesus called us to.  (And I'm not just talking about missionaries.)  He called us to the uncomfortable.  He called us to live counter culturally.  He called us to take up our cross.

The hard days are the days that glorify God and He shines through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment