Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Couch Time

Thank you for all your prayers! Surgery went great, very smooth. Josh got to see some cool pictures while I was in recovery (I'll get to see them in a couple weeks at my follow up appointment). We spent most of our time hanging out in my little recovery room waiting for me to pee - which took forever! Oh my. They wouldn't let me leave until I peed, and my body apparently thought I needed to have three whole IVs and spend 7 hours sitting around until it was ready to cooperate. (That's seven hours after I woke up from the anesthesia.) I was so swollen from all the fluids, my hospital ID band on my wrist was cutting off circulation!

So, here I am, enjoying my couch. Trying to burp up all the gas they pumped into my abdomen. Seriously, I've never burped so much in my life. And ask Linda - some of them come out all high pitched while I'm sleeping.

3 comments:

  1. Meghan, good to hear that the surgery went well and you are recovering. Been thinking of you and praying for you. The office has been dull without you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your doing alright! to be honest, I forgot about the surgery this morning (what a friend that makes me..) but I will pray for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey praying for you. I hope this surgery corrects everything. Keep us updated. I love when you update your blog because I feel like Im talking to you!

    ReplyDelete