Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dreams (List 4)

Dreams for my Life, Desires of my heart, Prayers of my soul...

These aren't just fleeting dreams that I have for this week. I have all kinds of dreams that last for a few weeks, maybe even months. But these dreams are bigger than that. They are things I've wanted for a decade, since I was ten years old and realized how long I'd have to be in school to be a doctor. :)

to be a missionary
to be a wife and mother
to be an author
to have my own business
to share my sense of urgency for the Harvest with others, help them see the lost of the world, watch them take their step of faith as missionaries

I've wanted to be a writer since I was seven years old. I remember writing a story about a chocolate factory in school. I wonder if my mom kept that? The memory is enough. There has never been a time when the visions of my future didn't include a family. Two kids, five kids, biological kids, adopted kids - I've always wanted to be a wife and mom. I've wanted to be a missionary since I was seventeen after my dad died. I've wanted others to embrace overseas missions since I was nineteen at college. The business idea has taken many forms over the years. My business idea when I was eighteen sounds only vaguely intriguing now, my bright ideas that appeared while in college seem so unrealistic now. Today, I have a new business idea, but by I've got a few years before I set out on this venture and it will probably evolve several times between now and then.

I'm excited to look back on these words ten years from now and see how many of these dreams have come true, and to add to my list. I'm already a wife. Before I know it I'll be a missionary.

Hold on to dreams, embrace the desires of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment