Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Awesome

One of my goals in bettering myself is to live a healthy lifestyle. One of the reasons is so that one day I'll be a healthy (& hott) mom. For now, I have a few pounds I want to lose. But this isn't a diet for me, its a lifestyle change. Not only implementing daily exercise into my routine (which I usually love), but having a healthy meal plan.

Lately I've become much more aware of what sorts of food I put into my body. Josh and I are trying to buy all our produce at the City Market. We're also being very selective in the kinds of foods we're eating, trying to get proper nutrition and healthy calorie intake. Broccoli, asparagus, Greek yogurt, whole wheat pasta, and meat raised with zero antibiotics our some of my new favorites. I haven't had red meat in about month. Its a whole new life style that makes grocery shopping very time consuming and a bit pricey, but combine that with my exercise routine, and I'm loving it.

As I was leaving for the gym last night, Josh challenged me to put in a hard workout. So I did. I admit, I've been slacking a bit lately - my mind just races with all the others things that need to be done around the house. So last night I took a small notebook and pen with me. It helped so much! Total Burn: 852 in roughly 90 minutes! Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment