Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Meghan 1; Price Chopper 0

Since getting married I have discovered one thing about myself that I never would have expected. I hate grocery shopping. I practice meal planning, usually a two week time period but preferrably a month long meal plan. Because if I buy four weeks worth of groceries, I won't have to do it again for four weeks. I'm ok with running into Hyvee or Target for a gallon of milk (cheaper at Target), but I don't want to do the long haul, five grocery bag shopping trip any more than necessary.

I went grocery shopping today and I think I came out the winner. Definition: I wasn't a total grump by the end of it. Also - I didn't get three quarters of the way through my list and give up. So, I win. I will now be buying the majority of our groceries at Price Chopper because I think they have better prices overall. With the exception of a few things: extra lean ground turkey at Target in Liberty, fat free tortillas at Hyvee, and spaghetti sauce at Sam's Club.

I also think that it has been decided Josh will no longer accompany me on the big grocery shopping trips. I'm usually mad at him for some reason or another by the time the cart is full anyway. He didn't come tonight because he remembered that I didn't like him coming with me.

Moral of the story? I have conquered the grocery store, as well as my own impatience. I feel accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment